COVID-19 has turned all of our lives upside down. Aside from witnessing history being made, we’re living in a society that is guided by fear and we’ve come to the point where families can’t even pinpoint where their next check nor meal may come from. Despite the uncertainty surrounding the warped state of our world, the beauty behind such an experience are the lessons we learn, while going through the storm.
The introverted lifestyle that has come with COVID-19’s emergence, has altered my life habits and my choices for self-progression. Spending more time at home as blessed me with a chance to further improve my damn self! The external pressures of dealing with quarantine protocol has, ultimately, accentuated my quest for internal refinement.
Keep reading to discover a variety of self-realizations, life changes and random observations that COVID-19 has taught me (thus far):
- I have grown closer to my family.
- Enjoy being present.
- My workout routine has been resurrected.
- I discovered the price for an individual American vote: $1,200.
- A new normal is inevitable.
- A solid tribe is absolutely vital for empowerment and continued success.
- Self-care is a personification of self-love.
- I’m closely watching the house market. Claiming home ownership in 2021.
- Everything is virtual. Who knew virtual parties could be so dope?!
- Due to such overwhelming and stressful times, my faith has grown stronger.
- I am using this time to further revamp my personal style.
- And, home decor and interior design are my newest obsessions! They’ve become therapeutic for me.
- I’ve rediscovered the magic that is “Girlfriends”.
- Enjoy the little things.
- Social media challenges are not my cup of tea.
- I have dedicated more time to handling those chores that have been collecting dust on my “Long-Term Goals” list.
- Also, setting more intentional goals, as we speak…
- Gratitude is necessary to get you through even you toughest times.
- I have learned that mental health is real; and it’s more important than many people may think.
- Netflix and Hulu are damn good investments.
- Self-affirmations will change your life!
Are there any lessons and self-realizations that you have come to embrace, during the COVID-19 outbreak? Sound off below and let me know how this unexpected pandemic has altered your life’s journey.
“The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not fighting the old, but on building the new.”