The autumn season always transports me into my most reflective self. I spend endless time marinating on my daydreams, chasing nostalgia and incorporating tiny bits of guilty pleasures that keep me on a natural high. Autumn also brings about glimpses into the new year. Although we haven’t officially belted Auld Lan Sine at the top of our lungs yet, it’s safe to say that we’re literally in the home stretch in reaching 2022.
If you’re an avid reader of EsmeshaCampbell.com, you may have noticed that “life” has been the topic of many of my recent blog posts. I’ve celebrated a few personal realizations which have included treasuring the simple things and the re-discovering of key aspects of decompressing. Yet, there is one particular method that I have started to pencil into my everyday routine. And, that is learning to romanticize your life.
“Romanticizing your life” is basically changing your mindset regarding day-to-day tasks while finding ways to add more forms of intentional living. For example, if your long commute to work is drenched in traffic, bad weather and spurts of road rage – try “romanticizing” that hour drive into a space where you nourish your mind and spirit. Indulge in a hot cup of your favorite coffee blend, put on a funny podcast and catapult your mind into another realm.
I’m still working on getting the kinks out of truly implementing this ideology into my life, but it’s all about journey, right?
Below, check out a few ways that I have started to be more intentional in my own life. You can also use these tips to start romanticizing your life today:
- Take a detox bath with bath oils, candles, face masks, etc.
- Instead of scrolling on your phone, opt for reading 30 minutes everyday.
- Take a walk.
- Spend time loving on your pet(s).
- Learn breathing techniques that will aid in keeping you centered and focused.
- Indulge in nature – spend time basking in the sun at the park or even go for a hike in the mountains.
- Tell your loved ones how much you love and appreciate them daily.
- Get into the practice of doing crafts.
- Celebrate small wins.
- Cultivate a green thumb.
- Take a staycation: book a getaway to a ritzy hotel in your own city.
- Savor your daily cup of coffee and practice gratitude every morning.
- Embrace the negative and counter negative thoughts with something that makes you smile.
- Channel your artsy side: visit local museum exhibits for added bits of inspiration.
And, there you have it! Sound off below: let me know – did I miss out on any other tips that may be pertinent to romanticizing your life? If so, drop your recommendations in the comments. My hope is that we can all continue to learn and grow from each other. Thanks for reading!
Photography Credit: Bi Be. Follow her on Instagram @Gau2708. She is a Houston-based photographer. Contact her via Direct Message (DM) for potential collaborations. She is a visionary.